Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Stretch (the turtle)...


........has been found!!


John brought home a baby snapping turtle for my pond outside. We decided to leave him out there until he's big enough to snap our fingers off, then we were planning on releasing him to the great outdoors. Well, it being so cold outside I,being the kindhearted animal lover I am, couldn't stand the thought of a baby turtle shivering in the cold, so I brought him inside. Long story short I ended up with a snapping turtle loose in my house. There was no sign of him & we looked everywhere. I just assumed he was devoured by my dog. Yesterday after over 24 hours on the loose I found him waddling across the living room floor. I was relieved that Sadie hadn't eaten him needless to say. So for the time being Stretch is safely in his 5 gallon bucket where I know he can't escape again

5 comments:

Karen Walden said...

Too funny! I would've been afraid it would've come crawling on me in bed! Glad you found him!!!

Katressa said...

I was afraid of stepping on it! I was hoping it coudlnt climb into my bed!

Michelle said...

Aw, he's cute. My kids would love him!

A Peek Into My Life said...

Cammi & Ben would be in heaven w/that thing! :) (From my point of view....ewwww!) LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm sniffing the air-snapper soup?
Love
Uncle Jimm & Aunt Cheryl