Sunday, July 13, 2008

Last year.....July 16th









This time last year was very different than it is for me right now. I'm very happy in my life right now but there's some things you never get over....











When tomorrow starts without me,And I'm not there to see,
If the sun should rise and find your eyesAll filled with tears for me;
I wish so much you wouldn't cryThe way you did today,
While thinking of the many things,We didn't get to say.
I know how much you love me,As much as I love you,
And each time that you think of me,I know you'll miss me too;
But when tomorrow starts without me,Please try to understand,
That an angel came and called my name,And took me by the hand,
And said my place was ready,In heaven far above,And that I'd have to leave behind
All those I dearly love.So when tomorrow starts without me,
Don't think we're far apart,For every time you think of me,
I'm right here, in your heart.


We all miss you Jeff!!!!

8 comments:

Nettie's Nook said...

I will NEVER forget Jeff. I know he had bad days sometimes, but who of us can walk on water...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! He had a BIG heart. I remember last year on Fathers Day, Jeff gave me a pocket watch that is priceless to me. He enjoyed the little things of his life, especially his little "Chicken Liver",his little girl Makenzie and his special girl Katressa..."Snooky Bear." There wasn't any job he wasn't afraid to tangle and most ALWAYS succeded. I really believe that he is up there in heaven watching over these two "Special) people he left behind and I am VERY sure he approves of the way Katressa is looking after Makenzie. I love you and miss you Jeff. Your friend for Life...Harold

Michelle said...

It's hard to believe it's been a year! What a nice tribute, Katressa.

Karen Walden said...

What a sweet post for a very special person in your life! Always treasure your wonderful memories! Thinking of you this week!

Nettie's Nook said...

It wasn't until today that I could comment. I hope that Jeff knew just how much that we loved him.. He left us a precious gift and I WILL do my part to stay part of Makenzie's life. I know that he would be PROUD of the way you have kept her part of your life Katressa. Cherish your memories, I'm so happy that you have found your soul-mate and that he loves Kenzie the way that he does. You deserve this happiness and Jeff would want you to have this too. I love you so much, thanks for being such a good daughter....

Anonymous said...

It's so thoughtful, Katressa, to remember Jeff with this tribute on your blog. Unfortunately, I never got to know him well, but I know all of you thought highly of him.

Aunt Charlotte

A Peek Into My Life said...

This is a very sweet tribute to Jeff. He was a cool guy!

Lady J said...

Everyday when I go to work and pass the cemetary I think of Jeff. I can't believe it has been a year. I'm glad you posted a tribute.

Anonymous said...

Katressa, what a nice tribute to Jeff. Hard to believe how fast time goes by. Sounds like he was a nice person.