Wednesday, July 15, 2009

bloodwork...

for Olivia finally came back with some good news & some bad news. The bad news is that she does have a form of Galactosemia. The good news is that is a variant form that she will hopefully outgrow before she is a year old. She will continue on her soy formula. When she goes for her 4 month appt they will discuss with us what types of baby foods she can have & what to avoid. Then at 6 months we have to go to Riley for her tolerance test & at that time hopefuuly she will be negative for it. I just want to say a huge Thank you to everyone who kept her and us in their prayers!!

6 comments:

Karen Walden said...

That is a good report Katressa! Definitely an answer to prayer! Now we'll have to pray that the test will be completely negative at 6 months!!! :)

Unknown said...

Been praying for ya'll! Glad to hear the good news!

Dorcas said...

Hopefully she'll be fine by the time she has to go to Riley for that test. I'm still praying for her & you guys!! Love ya!

Aunt Vi said...

So glad to hear the great news. Praying that the next test will come back normal. My luv to all.

Sherry said...

Katressa, I told my mom that there was a problem but I couldn't remember what it was but she said she would pray. Then she said, "you know, of all the people I know Katressa is probably the most capable of handling anything that is put on her. She is one of the strongest people I have ever met." That was a compliment to you Katressa! When I told Seth what mom had said, he said. "you know she is right. Katressa reminds me so much of Grandma Taylor. Real nice but real tough when things are hard." That is also a compliment. I am just so glad that things are better than perhaps you thought. Love ya!

Uncle Jimm said...

We are SOOO HAPPY for the GOOD NEWS!
And thankful, too. The pictures are GREAT. Thanks.
Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers, and love to all,

Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Jimm