Friday, June 10, 2011

Welcome Alex!!!

As I'm sure most of you know by now we have officially added a member to our family. Alexander Michael Roberts was born 6-6-11 at 6:44. He entered the world weighing 6lbs 14 oz & 18 inches long. Alex was 23 days early but we always had a feeling he would be early. His Daddy couldn't be more proud to have a son! I'm afraid Daddy may spoil him rotten! He is middle name is Michael after his Daddy & Grandpa Michael, who passed away 4 years ago. He is having a little problem gaining weight & is weighing in now at 6lbs & 7oz. We take him back Monday & think he will have gained some by then. We are also awaiting his newborn screen results to see if he has the D/G Galactosemia gene that Olivia had & then later outgrew. We are praying he doesn't have it at all but if he does we are praying its the same gene Olivia had & that he too will outgrow it. Until then he is required to be on Soy only formula.

As you can see Olivia loves him to death & isn't scared at all of this new little baby in "her" home. She may be a little too loving & we have to keep as eye on her around him.
As you can see we are also having a few problems with her wanting to be a baby again. She has discovered the paci (which she never used before), bottles, and anything she's too big for she now has a new desire to try.....again. We have been pretty busy this week & I dread John going back to work Monday. Needless to say I'm really not looking forward to this summer & being home alone with all the kids, one being a newborn, but I'm sure time will fly & school will be back in before you know it. We are so in love with Alex & I already can't imagine him not being part of my life :)

Proud Daddy!

3 comments:

Dorcas said...

What a cutie!! And I'm sure John is really proud to have a little boy :o) Olivia will be herself again before long, I'm sure. Congratulations!!
Love,
Aunt Dorcas

Aunt Vi said...

CONGRATS Katressa & John! Love the pic of Alex & Olivia. She looks so grown up next to him. I'm sure big sister will be lots of help for you. Give them both hugs & kisses from Aunt Vi. Keep posting pics. Best wishes & lots of love!

Uncle Jimm said...

Katressa and John, congrats to you both. Such an adorable addition. We had known of his birth some time ago but my computer was on the blink. Beautiful little boy!
Love to all, Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Jimm